I’ll be back next week to start a new series on building an awesome cart for competition, complete with a custom paint job. While I get that sorted, however, I thought I would pop in and show you guys some goodies I got in my June subscription boxes. I know it is almost August and you’ll get one of these for July too. But since it is sort of a series, I thought it would make a nice Thursday post.
June 2017 Ipsy Subscription
If you haven’t heard of Ipsy, where have you been? I’m kidding. But this is one the longest running and best beauty subscriptions. For $10 a month, you get 5 beauty products. Some are deluxe samples and others are full sized but this isn’t a tiny foil packet subscription. I have always gotten something large enough to give the product an honest try. The products come in a small bag designed each month especially for Ipsy. Some of the are SUPER cute. Here’s this month’s bag:
What Came in The June Ipsy Subscription
The absolutely adorable canvas bag with lips (LOVE) on it came with the following items:
- NYX Professional Makeup Whipped Lip & Cheek Souffle is a very cool mousse like formula you can use on your cheeks or your lips. I got Pink Cloud which is a very vibrant rosey shade. The color is really pretty but I am not sure I would use it on my cheeks. Maybe one day when I am feeling experimental. This product retails for $6.00 but it looks like it is currently on sale!
- BioRepublic SkinCare Aloe Rescue and Green Tea Detox Masks were a welcome addition to my sheet mask stash. I haven’t tried either of them yet but I know I will soon. As a pale skinned lady who burns very easily, I am saving the Aloe Rescue mask for a day when I do something very dumb…like not wearing sunscreen. The detox mask will be saved for a time when my poor skin needs some major cleaning. These retail for about $5 apiece.
- theBalm Cosmetics Balm Springs Blush was also a welcome surprise. I confess I have a new blush in my life I completely adore so it is hard to pull myself away, but this is a delightful color. The smaller (deluxe sample size) makes this great for travel as it has a little flap over it that keeps it closed and covered. It’s a nice color that wears well. The full size is around $20.
- Next up is the City Color Cosmetics Shimmer Shadow, which I received in Beach Cottage. I’ve never tried a City Color product before and I like this shadow. The color, a perfect turquoise color with shimmery golden flecks, is stunning. However, the formula does have a decent amount of fallout, so you’d want to do your eye makeup first if wearing this shade. It blends fairly well but is a bit sheer. I haven’t tried this one wet yet but I suspect it would help some.
I can’t seem to find this one sold separately but the 3 pack in which it is included retails for about $17, which isn’t bad at all.
- Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Game Changer may be my favorite item in the box. Since I hurt my hand and can’t polish my nails, I haven’t been able to try it yet but the color is so gorgeous. This sells for $15, which is not cheap for nail polish so I hope it is amazing.
Play! by Sephora
I really enjoy Play! by Sephora. It isn’t available everywhere yet and it doesn’t include full size products. BUT, it is very carefully curated and seeks to send products that meet your profile. At $10 per month, you get lots to try. Plus, each month’s bag comes with a card that gets you 50 extra VIB points with any in store purchase. This subscription also comes with a cute bag.
What Came in the June Play! by Sephora Subscription
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Mini in Mother happens to be a product I already own. AND LOVE. Mother looks good on everyone I have ever seen wear it. I have 3 or 4 friends who own this shade and it looks different on all of us but also very flattering. I’ve spoken before about my love of the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick and my opinion hasn’t changed. At $20, this is a very good price for what you get.
- Benefit The Porefessional is another product I already own. The sample size sent is very generous and retails for $12. I like this primer. It isn’t my favorite but I have repurchased it because it helps blur larger pores. I can’t wear it everyday as it is very thick but I reach for it often on special occasions. It is definitely worth a try.
- Coola Makeup Setting Spray will be perfect for my upcoming post about setting sprays. I really love the idea of a setting spray with SPF as it allows for reapplication throughout the day even over makeup. Winner. I’ll be trying this one on my next trip to the range. The $36 price tag isn’t minute by any stretch of the imagination, but a great setting spray is worth it and the added sun protection makes it even more awesome.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk will be at the top of my list of things to try. It’s no secret I love a good dry shampoo. I’ve tried several of the usual suspects but I am still searching for the best one. Maybe this is it? The full size retails for $20.
- Verb Sea Spray is a texturizing spray that’s supposed to give your hair beachy waves. I’ll give this a whirl, but as my hair is very short, I am not sure I will love it. It does smell amazing. The price for the full size is $15.
- For June’s perfume sample, they sent Bulgari Omnia Crystalline, which is a nice fragrance but not my favorite. This is the first they’ve sent I haven’t loved so I am not too upset about it.
This was my first month receiving Boxycharm after FINALLY getting off the wait list. It was worth the wait. There is a reason bloggers and youtubers rave about this subscription. It is awesome. The products are mostly full sized and they seem to find good brands I haven’t previously encountered. At $21 per month, this is double the two mentioned above but if I had to pick just one subscription, it would be Boxycharm…even if there isn’t a cute bag.
What Came in the June Boxycharm
- The first items were three BioBelle sheet masks. I received the primer mask, the I Woke Up Like This mask, and the Beauty Secret mask. They retail for $5 each and the sheets are made of tencel, a biodegradable plant fiber. I am excited to try them.
- I was so excited to see the OFRA long last liquid lipstick in Santa Ana. It is a gorgeous color and the formula stands up to the hype. It is comfortable, transfer proof, and very long wearing. I love it. The lipstick retails for $20.
- I am also happy to get great new brushes in my subscriptions so I was also happy to see the Luxie Rose Gold Pro Precision Tapered Face Brush 640, which retails for $24. For one, it is rose gold! Also, this works great for sweeping away the powder under my eyes after baking. It is so soft and fluffy.
- I confess I hadn’t heard of Artist Couture until I got the Diamond Glow Powder in Illuminati (clever name for a highlighter). This is a pretty blinding highlight and also looks beautiful as an eyeshadow. This product costs $27 and is currently sold out.
- Last, but probably my favorite item in the box was the Real Her Be Your Own Kind of Beauty palette. I received I. I love the names of the colors – fabulous, fun, courageous, etc – and these are gorgeous colors. They also wear and blend well. I like this little palette. At a retail price of $28, I think it is a steal even if you didn’t get this Boxycharm.
Whew! That is a bunch of loot! I also subscribe to Lip Monthly but I didn’t snap photos for June. Looking at the length of this post, I think I will definitely do the next Subsapolooza post via video.
Are there other subscriptions I should be trying?